[Short general description]: Zipper intends to build a mobile platform which brings blockchain based services to the masses by making them easy to use. This project aims to elevate our smartphones to blockchain powered devices which anyone can use.
[Main problems tackled]: Safety of private key and identity management. Zipper’s aim is to become the “iOS of the decentralized world”, by providing smartphone users seamless blockchain experiences while still being in control of their data. This aim will try to make it possible for anyone to access blockchain based services out-of-the-box in an easy and intuitive way while being in full control of their identity, transactions and data.
[Main contribution proposal]:
1) Painless private key handling - making paper wallets, complex interfaces user friendly.
2) From siloed to seamless user experiences - user can access decentralized services through one interface, identity and wallet.
3) Giving data control back to people - Zipper does not collect user’s data without permission, and is fully separated from the smartphone’s OS. User has full control on what data to share and with whom, and even the option to monetize her data.
1) Split the key in order to decentralise the risk - Zipper aims to follow the core purposes of decentralization and at the same time to bring blockchain services to the masses.
2) In case your device gets lost, Zipper will make it so that you can disable the device and regain access to your account.
3) While using Zipper, you can imagine that your smartphone has an isolated container which only you have full control over — even the phone’s OS such as Android cannot access it without your permission. At the same time, accessing this container is as easy as any other app or widget on your phone.