[Short general description]: TE-FOOD is the world's largest publicly accessible, farm-to-table food traceability system. It's a ready product with live operation. Started in 2016, it serves more than 6000 business customers, and handles 400,000 transactions each day.TE-FOOD is the only fresh food ecosystem which integrates supply chain companies, consumers, and governments/authorities to improve food safety, eliminate food frauds, and decrease costs of the supply chain companies. TE-FOOD's main focus is on the emerging countries, which account for 60% of the world's population, but need massive technological disruption because of the level of distrust in their food supply chains.
[Main problems tackled]:
1) to make food industry more transparent
2) to democratize the access to food related information as a common property
3) to enable technology to become the „authority”
4) o reduce the scale and effect of epidemics and food frauds in emerging countries all around the world
5) to educate people through incentivizing conscious consumer behavior
6) to help small farms to be more competitive
[Main contribution proposal]:
Farm management tools - to help improving the competitiveness of smaller farms, TE-FOOD will provide an easy to use, mobile app based farm management application, which is integrated into the TE-FOOD B2B app.
Blockchain utilisation - the data provided by the supply chain participants must be unmodifiable. Due to the significant distrust and suspiciousness among consumers, supply chain companies, and authorities (caused by several food frauds and corruption), only technically unalterable logistics and food quality data can provide credibility.
1) Food safety alerts - built into the whole process, and can be triggered by certain events
2) Reputation system - an internal reputation scoring system helps supply chain participants to rate their connected suppliers through their common business transactions.
3) Supporting conscious consumer behaviour - mobile app for consumers to check the history and food quality information of food products, and provides incentives to use it frequently.
Traceability tools - Identification tools - B2B mobile app - Back office tools - B2C consumer mobile app - Digital signage