[Short general description]: Consensus is the open-sourced, decentralized artificial intelligence platform, powered by native cryptocurrency and built with the vision to improve the governance mechanisms at all levels of organizational structures: community, startup, NGO, enterprise, city, county or the entire country. Once fully realized, Consensus AI will be able to offer automated, data-driven solutions to the most complex problems of our collective co-existence by modelling the potential outcomes of proposed changes. At its basis, it will contain a set of principles, which will guide its development and evolution.
[Main contribution proposal]: The goal of Consensus is to make governmental structures more effective and useful and ensuring a smooth transition from the current traditional structures to the ones the future will require, minimizing the transition phase difficulties and avoiding chaos in the process. Consensus Foundation aims to help advance the systems of collective governance that will meet the demands of the very near future societies, and to aid governments in adopting modern technologies for the greater good of humanity and to further help our collective evolution.
[Main problems tackled]:
the Sentient blockchain network that includes verified nodes and enables running decentralized machine learning,
the Research Platform with extended data collection and modelling capabilities, and
the AI Advisor — a standalone system, constantly monitoring and learning from the incoming available data, that is used to make predictions.
electronic identities - sentient will be the first decentralized global computer to include the strong digital ID linking, the basis for building the society of the future.
1) Decentralized AI - an artificial intelligence layer that is hosted by the network participants and is training on data contributions from the network and other available external datasources
2) Data Privacy Using Homomorphic Encryption - the party performing machine learning generally seeks to reveal a pattern
3) Assembly Protection Service - a container service, provided by the Assembly members, that holds the encryption keys to ensure data and model integrity
4) Synaptic core - the smart contract system that acts as a dispatcher service between the machine learning service requestors and the user nodes
5) Process overview - The entity wishing to train the model, Requestor, sends the model specification — a general description of what the model being trained is to the network and sets a reward in Sen for the computation performed by the miners
6) Research platform - a system to enable conducting extended research, working with various data sources, including proprietary data acquired by the Foundation and contributed by the participants, data from open sources, public voting and opinion data gathered from the members of the network in exchange for Sen
7) Consensus AI advisor - certain entities to require customized research performed, going beyond training a single deep learning model or launching a single opinion poll.
8) Development platform - the platform is to open it to building governance applications using the Consensus infrastructure — algorithms, smart contract templates, reputation system, polling system, registries integrations.