[Short general description]: Atonomi provides a security protocol and infrastructure to enable billions of IoT devices to have trusted interoperability for both data and commerce. Atonomi is a crypto venture that plans on laying out the groundwork that has been needed for a while now so that the IoT industry can continue to grow and set people on the path to mass-adoption. This crypto venture is being worked on by CENTRI Technology (www.centritechnology.com) , a well known name in the IoT industry, the goal of this project is to provide the world with a secure IoT network that will allow users to identify IoT devices and also determine how “trustable” they are. Atonomi will introduce an entire ecosystem where people will be able to share and receive data from IoT devices and will also have its own native currency that will play a role in incentivizing the sharing of data.
[Main contribution proposal]: The Atonomi platform will make use of CENTRI’s Secure Communication Service which will enable the creation of secure communication channels on the platform within 3 milliseconds. Atonomi will also have CENTRI’s Multi-layer Crypto Key Management that will allow the platform to have decentralized crypto key management with a high scalability factor, another aspect of CENTRI’s technology that Atonomi will be integrated with shall make indexing and searching of encrypted data on the platform really fast.
1) Low-level protocol for secure IoT, to achieve this, Atonomi enables secure transactions between IoT devices through blockchain-based Identity Registry, which establishes root-of-trust using encrypted whitelist data from participating OEMs/ODMs providing a unique device identity and a public key for each device to be validated onto the Atonomi Network.
2) Trust and reputation, as part of Atonomi design, including a Reputation Tracking service (allows for automated identification against rogue or compromised devices.
3) Bring past security experience into the market. Atonomi’s parent company CENTRI has pioneered coding and engineering required to provide security solutions.
[Main problems tackled]:
1) Service to establish identity - trusted identity provides a level of insurance
2) Protocol and system to manage reputation - key enabler of a future consisting of trusted devices securely interacting in an autonomous manner.
3) Tokens to facilitate services in the Atonomi network.
4) Extensible arhitecture to be built upon.
1) Atonomi smart contracts - each smart contract lists data tuples reference able by public unique identifiers. Identity registration can be conceptualised similarly to a relational database. The Atonomi network includes a metadata field in each tuple for extensibility. At the same time, these smart contracts will have a manufacturer registry, auditor registry and device registry (all written only by authorised parts.
2) Device activation service - supports device ownership transfer with the validation of public/private key pairs and encrypted unique device identifier form the OEM/ODM whitelist to activate new drives onto the device registry.
3) Transaction service creation and maintenance services - creation of digital wallets or related transaction authorisations for devices that may need to support commercial transactions.
4) Reputation writing and lookup services
5) Transaction validation and facilitation services.
6) Faster and more secure services stack/data authentication
7) End-to end security protocol.